Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday

Whew! It is chilly here today. Last week was uneventful. I am back at tennis. The ankle is almost normal. I understand it will be weak for awhile so I am wearing a brace. I did lose this morning with my old partner from last year,Stacy Steele ( you rock, girl). We put up a good fight and went to a third a set but it went wrong somewhere between my good serving, my bad returns and the few good net shots. Stacy is one of my fave partners! Our court 2 players lost but we did get a point on court one. This season we moved up after winning the whole thing last season. We are playing harder teams and different ladies but the loses are still hard to swallow. We aren't used to losing! No one likes to lose, anyway!

The kids are funny as ever. Jaxx is constantly working on his sense of humor and Jaya has perfected the "princess" role. Jaxx is attached to his new Cardinal Jersey. The Superbowl Fitzgerald! He is pretty excited about the game.

I took a few moments the other day to myself. I just listened to the kids for a few minutes while I ate breakfast and enjoyed life. Remember...taking time to enjoy can remind you of the little things that are big. I just looked out the window and smiled about how life has slowed down a little and I love it. I love my family and exactly what we worked to have.
As I am typing this, I am listening to Jaya laugh and it is contagious.
Have to go kiss some cute cheeks!
Cortney K.

No comments: