Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Deck the halls.....Fa la la laaaa la la la la


The kids and I drove around tonight to look at lights. We started doing this when Jaxx was 2. I could hardly wait until the lights started going up. I would put him in the car and drive around to let him look. I loved all the sounds and excitement that came out of him. Guess what? I still love them. He is so funny! You can pick out all the phrases he gets from Jace. He has the funniest lines because he puts his own little spins and expressions on what he hears from Jace. He has a comment for every new house we come upon. Then Jaya started saying "I love baby, Jesus" everytime we found a manger. Jaxx said he loved Jesus too and she was trying to tell him that she could only love baby Jesus. He said no, she said yes, she said he was being mean and he said she was being rude... I still chuckle under my breath as I try to untangle the words. I have loved packing them in the car and looking at Christmas lights for years now and there will come a time when they refuse to go, ugh. I am just trying to soak it all up before they forget how much they love me. The house at the top was definitely the winner. It was totally decked out. The pictures don't do any of these justice but it is hard to get a good pic out the window.
Jaxx thought this was great!


This house was really done up too. How do these people have time to make all these little wood figurines and then where do they store them?

Same house!



Jaxx wanted to go by Grama and Papa's house because "I love the red pepper lights"!


This is was much prettier in person. It was super bright!



These people do their palm trees every year and they are huge!


This was my favorite house. I love the Grinch. He just needs to be loved. It was funny that Jaxx understood what each figurine was doing. He knew that the figurine with the lights in his hand was taking them down not putting them up. He isn't very fond of the Grinch though.



I hope you take time to enjoy what is going on around you rather then rushing through it. Make your own memories. They can't be bought or wrapped but you will have them forever.
Cortney K.









1 comment:

kim•ber•ly said...

Emma loves to go looking at Christmas lights and is begging us to go every time we are driving at night. That will have to be on our list now that I'm just one day away from a 2 week vacation!