Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Home Sweet Home



We MOVED! We are spending Christmas in a new home. It is really our "old" new house, as the kids say. It feels good to be home. All the stuff is exactly where is was before. It is hard to explain but it almost feels like the 18 months that we haven't been here was a flash. I just can't put the feelings into words weird, wonderful, new, old, exciting, comfy... but most of all "home".
It was a pretty hectic move, as most are, but I had a lot of help. Joanne and my Mom helped me a lot. The kids were both sick, Jace was working or had prior golf "commitments"( He did spend a night unpacking with his mom while I worked upstairs) and I was frantically unpacking. The kids got to go mountain hiking with Grama and Mimi. Mimi took them to McDonalds to eat and play and Grama took them shopping at Target. I could not have done it as quickly as I did without their help. We managed to get it all finished. The boxes are gone, the pictures are hung and the decorations are up! (the dog is pretty content too)

I still have no Christmas shopping started so that is my next task. When I think about that part I feel a lot like this......


The kids are happy, we are close to Papa and Grama, closer to Mimi, closer to friends and just back on the ol' stompin grounds! There is no 30 minute commute to school, work, shopping, friends or sports! We are spending a lot less money on gas and a lot less time in the car.
So, that is why I haven't had to much time for bloggin' or answering emails.
Cortney K.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome home! (What a beautiful home it is!)

You're such a good mom.

Happy Holidays!