Monday, December 15, 2008

Holiday spirit!



This is what you call Holiday spirit. I found this car in the parking lot at Targe' while shopping. I wasn't the only one taking pics either. It is so cute!

I am happy to say that I am 90% finished shopping. I have a few things left and then I will have to wrap. I have had some close calls where I had to tell the kids that the toys they saw were for someone else. :) Sorry for the fibs!

I can't believe we are about a week away. It has all gotten away from me because of the move. I luuuuv this time of the year and wish it didn't go by so fast.

We have 2 parties to go to this week and hope to post pics of the social activities.

On the tennis news.....USTA end of the year ratings came out. At the end of each year, USTA rates all their players based on their match play (all match scores are posted online). This is the United States Tennis Association. Well, I a higher rating! Yea! 3.5! It means I may have to find a new team though. I play on a 3.0 team and I won't be able to play down. They have talked about playing up with me though. You can play up from your rating but not down. I was the only one on my team that moved up. USTA ratings are slightly more difficult strict then ATA so I already play on a 3.5 team with ATA. ATA is Arizona Tennis Association. We ended the sesson in first place so we went to championship match play. We are posted here http://www.ata.tenniscores.com/newsletter.php?nid=1845 near the bottom with this pic

Carla and I played on court one and we lost. Our team took the other 2 points so that means we won the match even though Carla and I lost our court. So, now this team will move up to 3.5A and I volunteered to be the captain. Diane has done it the last few seasons and she is tired of it. It should be interesting :0

So, off to try to do some more shopping online!

Holiday spirit is all around, I hope you are spreading some cheer!

Cortney K.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the Tennis League score!! No worries about bthe Charity Chicks party - I throw plenty of events. It's an impossible time of year to find a date that works with schedules! Perhaps you can con your husband into putting together a team for my next golf event!!

Happy Holidays - sounds like you guys are ALL ready!

~Amy

kim•ber•ly said...

Boy, almost done with Christmas shopping and a tennis star. How can us commoners compete with that? :)

Congratulations!