Thursday, July 3, 2008

Jaxx's Birthday

Wow, where do I begin.



Jaxx woke up this morning at 7 and came in to tell me "Mom, I'm 5 now!" He was so excited. I wrapped all his presents last night and put them on the kitchen table. I laughed inside at how, when I used to wrap presents before kids, I had to have them so perfect. The corners had to be taped just right and the bow had to be perfectly done. Now, however, I just slap it on any which way. I mean, it practically gets unwrapped before it the cute paper ripping child steps a toe into the room. So, Jaxx comes in the kitchen and finds his "stash". We had to all come in and see the ripping fest start. Everyone was very into it except the dog. Bubbles seemed very put off that we had all awoken so early and disturbed her morning. Bulldogs really seem to put off that vibe all the time, but this morning was especially funny.




We all got ourselves together and went off to Chuck E. Cheese for the party. It was a perfect party. How great is it to have this wonderful, loud, unstructered fun time and most of all, MESSY party and leave it behind when you leave? I think all the kids had a great time and Jaxx told me ,when he got in the car, that it was the best party EVER! Grama played air hockey with Jaxx and had a good time seeing her other grand daughter Grace.


Jaya even collected tickets....with Charron's help!





Jaxx got to see some friends from his class that he hasn't seen since school got out in May. One of his favorite class mates is Zach so they were so happy to see eachother!





What I thought was so amazing is that Jaxx played at Zach's house about 4 or 5 months ago and Jaxx loved Zach's guitar. When Zach's mom, Jenny, took him to Toy R Us to get a gift, Zach picked out a guitar for Jaxx. I just can't believe that he remembered. Jaxx has been asking me for a guitar for his birthday and I couldn't find one that was age appropriate. Well, Zach found it and at is the most beloved gift of all. Jaxx said it was his favorite gift. He must have some musical talent from his Aunt Emily. Her music and writing talent is featured here http://www.emilyswaine.com/. My mother plays the 6 and 12 string and taught Emily so he could come by it honestly! So, we have heard many "unpublished hits" at our house from Jaxx and Jaya.



So, we finished all the games. The sounds of bells and whistles was deafening. I don't like these types of places much. I know the kids love them but it freaks me out a little to lose sight of my children in there and not be able to hear them. They have a pretty good security system in there but I just hate the whole "let them loose" idea. I am way to obsessive compulsive to be able to relax in there but I am so glad Jaxx loved it. We moved on to our own private show with Chuck. Jaya was hysterical! She emulated every dance move that Chuck was doing. We were all so much more entertained by her than Chuck. The theme was Speed Racer. How perfect is the MACH 5 car for a 5th birthday? I don't know why I can't get either of my kids to look at the camera. They will stare and anything else around them....FOREVER, except for my camera. As, you can see, it isn't just me. When I have Charron takes pics of us, they still won't look. This is an oddity that happens every single time I get it out.







Let me ask you, do you think Jaya liked the cupcakes?

Lastly, before Jaxx went to bed tonight, I gave him my last little gift. I found this stay at home mother that has found her niche in bracelets that have a perfect sentiment. Her site is http://www.lovedunconditionally.com/ I wear one of her bracelets that says " I am enough". She created them because she has two girls and she wanted them to be reminded that as women we are enough to be successful in this world. I bought Jaxx this one and explained to him what it means.

I love her packaging too!

So, that was our day. Jaxx had a great day, got to see alot of people that we love and most of all, turned 5. I feel like I had him yesterday. I am sad to see him get older and yet happy to see him grow and become this wonderful human being. I love being with him, talking things over with him, teaching him things and being his Mom. I love his laugh, his voice and his hugs.

Thank you ,Jaxx, for being such a wonderful son. You are truly "Unconditionally Loved".

No comments: