Thursday, August 7, 2008

The triplets!

Well, I have to take a small moment to update you on "The Triplets".


They are all remarkable and continue to be "stand outs" among their peers.




I have to say that this blog was inspired from an email that my mother sent me this week. I mean she sends me daily emails, but this one was different. It was entitled "Emily The Brainiac" so, of course, it caught my attention. I hope mom isn't upset that I used her words here but here is what she said.





"Em just called me, whispering on her cell phone from school. She is now in her fall semester teaching Latin and Greek at Veritas Prep School. They had a faculty seminar and announced that they had 1200 applicants for 67 positions at six schools, one of which she won. Thirty-three of those 67 were from the top five liberal arts colleges in the country. She said she wanted to jump up in the middle of the seminar and say, "HOLY CRAP!", but she didn't. I think that shows good judgement; don't you? She has only met one other person from Arizona. The math teacher came from India to take the position. They require pre-calc for juniors, and all seniors take calculus -- no option. Two years of Latin is required for a high school diploma, and they teach it as early as third grade.

She said she wondered why she was chosen to be a part of this very elite group of instructors. I reminded her that summa cum laude for a Bachelor of Arts with a minor in Koine Greek at age nineteen and two months does qualify her as exceptional. That's the SECOND reason for it. When Gar died and I asked God, "How will I ever teach them what they need to know without their dad?" God instantly answered me in six words which I remember like it was a minute ago. He quietly said, "I will make up the difference." That's the FIRST reason.

Had to brag. Love, Sally"




Keep in mind that she sent this out to several people so she would normally not sign her name "Sally" but "mom". Just worth mentioning...


Anyway, that pretty much sums up Emily, except I must add.. she is recording her second CD.




So, I don't have the luxury of talking to much to any of these sleep deprived, over worked, free souls so I some of this info is not completely up to date. It may even be completely WRONG but this is what I know


Reagan is dancing like a maniac. She would much rather travel than do almost ANYTHING else. She doesn't like junk food. She is still working her way through college but since she is getting paid to dance, that is just fine with her. She not only is a professional dancer, she loves choreagraphy and excels at that too. One last thing, her car is in the shop.


Drew leaves soon (may be already gone) for some super, fantastic, elite and exclusive "Conservatory". When you say "Conservatory" , you must use your british accent and purse your lips. So, there are very limited spots to fill each year and a LARGE amount of people apply. I think you have like a short monologue that is timed that you perform in front of a bunch of super accomplished writers, producers, actors/judges! He got in and is headed to Santa Clara. It will be odd to have him in another state but just like most 19 year old "boys", he has not planned anything. Mom says he may just drive up to class 2 minutes before it starts and hope to find a place to live that night. He has been in some fantastic productions at his college theatre and also been a lighting tech, maybe the correct wording is "grip" but who knows. Oh, he has a girlfriend too.


Anywho, this is a cliff note version of what these kids are doing. Be glad this is all I wrote. These kids seem to thrive on trying to out accomplish us normal people and this could have gotten as complicated as Ikea directions on a table you wish you didn't buy after all.


((hugs))


Cortney K.



No comments: