Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Lost...


Isn't it interesting how fast things can change in an instant?


Last night was a normal night, if you call normal a boy sleeping with his skateboard.

This morning was fine. Kids wore their new clothes I made them. Jaya was in the modeling mood! They got a ton of complements on their new duds. I agreed to donate a pair the school auction in March at our school fundraiser.

While the kids were in school. I got my haircut. Then I stopped by TJ MAXX. I must give you a little history. Jaya is going to get a real twin bed for her 3rd birthday. She is still in her crib at almost 3. I purposely did this since Jaxx was taken out way to early and I believe this is the cause of some of his bad sleeping habits (another story). Soooo, I am very particular in my tastes and I always have an idea of what I want. The hard part is finding what I want at a price I can afford. I always seem to have a taste for the most expensive thing in the store. Anyway, I found a great bed and the sale price of the year. I mean OF THE YEAR. I still need to figure out how to get it from the store to the house but, again another story. Now, I have been searching for the "perfect" bedding for months in anticipation of this happening. I have scoured site after site and ebay. I really wanted something "shabby chic" to stay with the theme in Jaya's room but last night she said she wanted a pink ballet bed. Hmmmmm, so not what I was picturing. I have to give her some say though so she feels like she is her own little person so off to the internet I go to scour more sites. I finally found a ballet themed bedding set on ebay that didn't look cheap and wasn't polyester, yuck. It was reasonable but I just put it on my watch list. So, back to this morning. I RARELY go into TJ MAXX. I don't know why but I just never think to go in there. I had a little time and decided I would pop in there. GUESS WHAT I FOUND??? THE BEDDING!


I couldn't believe my luck. At a fraction of the cost it was right there. It is hard to see in the pics but it is little pink embroidered ballet pointe shoes with the ribbons on a white quilted back round. The reverse it pink polka dots so I bought pink sheets with white polka dots. It is so cute.

After that find, I head back to school to get the kids. I was feeling happy about my find and couldn't believe my luck. First the bed and then the bedding, it was all so much fun to put together. I signed the kids out of their classes and we had to do our regular stop to the bathroom on the way out. Jaxx went into the boys and I took Jaya to the girls. When we do this, Jaxx is always waiting right at the door for us. He wasn't there. Ok. No big deal, he just wasn't finished yet right? I wait, I go in and look, no Jaxx. Still not panicking, but look down the halls and into the parlor and no Jaxx. NOW PANIC! I went to the school principal standing 5 feet away and said "I can't find Jaxx!" The whole school goes on alert, announcements being made, teachers at every door. One holding Jaya so I can frantically check the car. Teachers looking on the playground, checking every class room and trying to look much calmer than me. I don't even remember what I said or who I talked to, I just went into the state of "freak out". It was 10 minutes, maybe longer, it felt like an eternity, but he was found. He had gone outside down the steps thinking I was out there since I wasn't at the bathroom door. He didn't see me and got scared and sat down in a corner by a pillar that was hiding him. I went past the pillar to check the car twice and never saw him. When a teacher found him, he was crying. When I saw him, I was crying. I don't even remember which teacher found him so that I can thank her. When it was all over and we collected ourselves. We got in the car. Jaya was quiet, knowing something had gone wrong. Jaxx was trying not to cry and said he was tired. I just realized that we forget how quickly everything can change. I was so happy and then so scared. I know people that have lost children to death and can't imagine the pain but what about people that lose children to abduction that never know where their children could be. Losing children to any circumstance must be beyond description. This was a reminder of how fast things change and we need to cherish the moments we have with ALL the people we love.

Cortney K.

No comments: