Thursday, September 18, 2008

That's what dreams are made of...




I am smiling tonight. I am unexpectedly happy that Jaya's crib is gone and she is in a gor-gee-ous new bed. I found the nicest high school seniors that started this great delivery service. I found them on craigslist and they pick up stuff that you buy on craigslist that you can't get in your car. Well, I didn't buy Jaya's bed on Craigslist but I did recommend them to the little consignment store I bought it from. I hinted before that I found the buy of the year on Jaya's bed. It is the cutest little white bed. It is a piece of Stanley furniture which is a great solid name in furniture. It looks brand new and I paid 1/20 th of cost of what it is new. It cleaned up perfectly and it has the trundle. It went together so simply and WE LOVE IT! Jaya wanted to go to sleep as soon as it was together.....5:00 p.m. I told her we got it for her birthday...early. My bestfriend, Andrea, wants to celebrate her own birthday for 2.5 weeks too. We may be setting a new trend. An expensive trend. Why shouldn't we get presents for the whole month of our birthday, like Hannakuh for 30 days on your birthday month. Birthdaymonthkah! Wait, I can only imagine how much weight I would gain too. No, just gifts, not cake!

I digress, Jaya was so excited to help me get the bedding on and together. She absolutely REFUSED to let me have the safety rails on the side so she may fall out. I tried several times and she said to take them off and we could try them later.....I wonda' where she got this tactic! So, Joanne was here and tried to tuck pillows on either side of her, she was not havin' it! She is flying solo in there as we speak. I did put the pillows on the floor on both side so if she falls out she will hit something soft first. I am thinking I will try to go in there and tuck some pillows next to her now that she is asleep. I guess she thought that she wanted her big girl bed to look like everyone else's in the house. She has DEFINITE ideas about what she wants. I pulled the comforter down so she could just her cozy, soft, pink, blanket next to her face but she pulled the comforter right back up and insisted she needed it. She said she would be cold.
Can you tell she liked it?

I had to do a little rearranging but I think it looks so cute!

When it was time for bed, she went right in, got in and said goodnight. It was toooooo easy, I am waiting to see what happens in the next few nights. Nothing like the nightmare of Jaxx, as soon as he realized nothing was holding him in, out he came. This is still a nightly struggle at bed time.

I was not sad about taking the crib down. I am thrilled with our family. I love the ages that the kids are now. Jaxx is hysterical on a daily basis and Jaya is so fun to watch. She just really enjoys things so much. She sits on the counter and does her makeup with me, she mimicks me when I do my nail filing, she sings at the top of her lungs as she pushes her little bangs out of her eyes. I think that we are perfect just as we are and my kids will always be my "babies" no matter how old they get.

So, when I go in and peek at her tonight, I will see that perfect face that I saw the day she was born. The perfect skin, pink puckered lips and litte button nose. Life doesn't get better than this.

She will have sweet dreams of all the things we have exposed her to thus far and of what she will become in the future.

Thank you God for all you have given us, especially our beautiful children.

Cortney K.




No comments: