Wednesday, October 8, 2008

More sewing and crafting

I have been doing a little more "crafty" things. I often get asked at the kids school when I have time to do these things and I can only say, "late nights". I sometimes don't go to sleep until 1 but yet it is still so relaxing to do it that I just lose track of time. It is so much fun for me to get all the stuff out, material, ribbons, threads, "bling" and just put something together that would not have existed if it weren't for me doing it. I love seeing them in my creations. They won't wear my stuff forever so I am taking full advantage of the fact that I am not dealing with "peer pressure" or what is being dictated to wear from some other source.


So, first off, when it is a childs birthday at the kids school, they wear a paper crown. The teacher puts their name on it and staples it. Weeeelllll, you know that will never work for the Pink Tornado, so I made a felt one for her. I also made one for Jaxx. Jaxx's birthday is in the summer so he has an "unbirthday" at the school closer to the end of the year. These were fun to create and I could have gone crazy but check it out....



Then I did some cute shirts with matching bows. The white one is Jaya's to wear leading up to Christmas. It is a cute twist on Christmas colors without being just green and red. I love the way it turned out and made a matching hair bow.


The pink one I made for Ella, our close friends daughter. Her 2nd birthday is coming up and I thought it would be something cute for her to wear. I really like the print. I love to have the coordinating hair bows, it makes them look so "together"!

No comments: