Sunday, October 19, 2008

The weekend








Saturday started the madness. We had Jace's seminar and then an afternoon wedding. It was going to be a crazy day.



The seminar went off without a hitch. It was well run and set up nicely. Andrea and I checked people in as they arrived and pointed them toward the room. There was a good turn out and Jace and John are hoping for a good return on their investment of the seminar costs.


Then I quickly left Jace there and took the kids from Joanne to get Jaya home for a nap. While she was sleeping, I needed to get ready. I already had the dress so it was a good excuse to buy the shoes that I had my eye on for awhile. I saw them months ago and was immediately drawn to the color. I just wasn't going to pay full price though. They finally made their way over to the clearance rack where I happily spied them. I had to have the sales lady call around to find my size but I was more than thrilled to have them on my hot little feet. They are the most wonderful color of pearlescent hot pink. LOOOOVE them and they looked puuuur-fect poking out under my velvet hem line. I will find a way to fit them in my wardrobe as much as possible, now where did I put that pink tank top? These shoes ROCK!

I wore a grey velvet dress with a matching faux fur shrug. I borrowed Andrea's diamonds and was ready to hit it. Jace, of course, not to be out done, was on the hunt for his own bargain. He said he "needed" new black shoes. He wore a "tux suit" that we bought a few years ago that is timeless. It can be dressed up or worn more casually. Jace prefers to wear it with a "flair" . He loved his sale purchase too. They were "pimp", as Jace says.

So, as we are getting ready I realize that I forgot to get a card so we had to allow for time to that too. Jace arrived home with only 20 minutes to get dressed and out of there. If you know Jace at all, that is a tough time frame to meet. We hand the kidlets off to Grama and head out the door. We arrived just in time as the bride was getting ready to walk down the aisle. Not good timing.


The ceremony was beautiful and the weather was fantastic. It was outside on the golf course and the sun was setting. After a fairly quick ceremony they released us to the drinks and appetizers.
Some of our good friends were there. You've heard me mention Justin and Susan.

This is JR and Anna.


Now, usually this is a "G" rated blog but the next picture is PG-13. Jace is already a little fire ball but add a little "liquid" and Justin and this is an explosion. It is like adding fire starting liquid to a warehouse fire already burning. This is the result sometimes...


Susan and I deny any and all attachments to these men when these "antics" go on!

After the drinks, we had to find our table. The seating arrangements were really cool. Instead of having the same ole boring cards. There was a votive glass candle for everyone at the wedding (200 + people) lit and waiting on a table. They were in alphabetical order so you found your candle and then had your name and table number on it. The color of the candle holder indicated to the server whether you order fish or steak. It was really cool. I wished I would have gotten a picture. Dinner was good and we were off to the patio afterwards to enjoy the weather and the company.


Well, maybe not this guy so much...


But this guy is o.k....



It was a very nice wedding and a good time.


Now, we are off to Justin and Susans for dinner and to watch the game.


Cortney K.

1 comment:

kim•ber•ly said...

Loved the shoes! You were so good in being patient in waiting for them to go on sale that you deserve to go shopping as a reward :)