Friday, October 3, 2008

Picture day for Jaxx

Jaxx looks handsome as ever and more like an older boy than a toddler boy. I am amazed at how time flies. Jace did his hair but now that I see it in these pics, he kind of looks like he has an egg shaped head. I think I like it more flat and forward but this is more the "look" right now, I guess.
We got news on when Jaxx's first game is....during Jaya's birthday party. Can you believe it? So, Jace is going to take him because Jaxx said he would rather miss Jaya's party than his game. I am a little sad that I won't see it. I can't even send the video camera with him because I need it for Jaya's party. I know there will be more but ....
So, Jaxx is still really loving t-ball and is pretty good. He can really run. He loves to race and has a lot of "competive spirit" in him. Hmmm, let me think, where would he get this????? I am glad to see him really love something. He tried soccer but it just wasn't his "dish". He liked kicking the ball but wasn't prepared for the flock of players trying to mob him while he was doing it. He just decided it wasn't worth the price so ,if the ball even came close to him, he just yelled at someone else to get it. He said he would make a goal when everyone would get out of his way. This really kind of defeats the whole "jist" of soccer. This was not his idea of fun so we didn't sign up again. T-ball seems to be a fun time for him and he can't wait to get there.
Jaxx also can't wait for the fair to get here. Now, I look at the fair and see a bunch of thrown together bolts that could fly off at any minute spewing unsuspecting riders to a surprise ending. If the bolts do stay together and you survive the "carnie" that probably drunkenly put it together, you will get sick from all the snotty nosed kids that touched the disgusting bars with every germy virus that exists. Of course, I never saw it like this until I had children. I always used to love going to the fair too so I just suck it up and take him. We go straight to the "kiddie" rides and I "influence" the "good" rides, those are the ones that I can stand to watch my kids ride on ;) Then when they get off, I throw hand sanitizer on them every chance I get. This is a good compromise for us even if he is an unwilling participant. The fair also starts on Jaya's birthday so there is a lot to look forward too. I will post pics of all the fun stuff coming up!
Cortney K.

No comments: